Tamarkin Camera offers the very best serviceService is paramount today, as always, and we provide the finest service available – from expert appraisals to helping you choose the perfect gear for you and your style of photography., expertiseWe offer the most extensive knowledge base and have used virtually every piece of Leica gear brought to market since 1925. Ask us – we’ll answer every Leica question you have. and photographic gearTamarkin Camera sells only the best. Period. We offer the finest hand-made state-of-the-art and vintage photographic gear available – Leica camera, Fogg Specialist bags and Tamarkin Camera Leather Straps. on the planet.
New Leica Camera Promotional Prices
"Promotional Price After Exchange Rate Savings" Program
Many new Leica Camera products are 12% off - extended through the month of January 2016 !
Tamarkin Camera is an authorized Leica Camera and Sport Optics dealer with a showroom in the River North Gallery district in downtown Chicago. We are also mail-order Leica dealers. Within our showroom is The Rangefinder Gallery, which showcases images made with the legendary Leica M camera.
Leaders in Leica expertise and service, Tamarkin Camera sells more Leica per square foot than any Leica dealer in the world.
Buying & Selling
If you would like to buy an item or simply have a question, please call us.
Tamarkin Camera prefers personal contact with our customers, which is why you will not find a shopping cart on our website. We find that direct contact between us and our customers is paramount, especially when a item is used or collectible.
The New Leica X-U
Leica Camera is proud to announce the expansion of the Leica X family with the introduction of the Leica X-U (Typ 113), a rugged compact camera for extreme weather and underwater photography. The Leica X-U combines Leica’s longstanding tradition of sophisticated design, premium materials and unrivaled image quality with a camera that can go nearly anywhere. It is the camera that is ready for any of life’s inclement challenges:
- Waterproof up to a depth of 15 meters or 49 feet for 60 minutes
- 23mm Summilux f1,7 lens with manual focus ring
- APS-C CMOS 16-Megapixel sensor
- Dustproof and shock proof
- Integrated UW protective glass filter
- 3.0" 920K LCD screen
- Mode for adjustment for underwater-related color rendition shift
- Simple and intuitive operation
- Exceptional image quality under any weather conditions
- Anti-slip rubber exterior for secure grip and easy handling
- Outstanding build quality, Made in Germany
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® available for free download
Hot off the presses! The Leica Q (Typ 116)
The new Leica Q (Typ 116) is the perfect walking around camera, featuring a super-fast 28mm Summilux f1,7 Aspherical lens. Excellent for both macro and street, the Leica Q is the perfect extension of the Leica line.
- Fast autofocus lens - 28mm Summilux f1,7 ASPH with macro-mode
- Full-frame 24 megapixel CMOS Sensor
- Live-View and Focus Peaking
- Integrated electronic viewfinder & thumb rest
- Video recordings in Full HD
- Easy, instinctive use with touch screen control
- Extremely robust - top plate made of aluminum, body made of magnesium alloy
- Integrated Wi-Fi and Leica Q-App makes it easy to share pictures
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® available as free download
- Made in Germany
The new Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) - excellence redefined
The Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) offers unparalleled image performance, outstanding low light capabilities and rich detail. In essence, a Leica M (Typ 240) camera model that shoots only black & white images and video, taking B&W photography to the next level.
- Low noise up to ISO 25,000
- Live-View and focus peaking
- Large 2-gigabyte buffer memory and Leica Maestro processor
- High quality full-HD video function
- Sapphire crystal glass LCD cover plate and 3” monitor
- Compatible with all accessories for the Leica M (Typ 240)
- Access to R lenses with Leica M- Adapter- R for pictures and video
- Adobe Lightroom available as a download
- Made in Germany in black chrome finish
Fogg Specialist Bags - made for the Leica
Fogg Specialist Bags are made by hand to order in France and are individually numbered. Designed with the Leica system in mind, Fogg offers the very finest camera bag on the planet. "Functional, strong and handsome" has been the guiding motto for more than 25 years.