Tamarkin Camera offers the very best serviceService is paramount today, as always, and we provide the finest service available – from expert appraisals to helping you choose the perfect gear for you and your style of photography., expertiseWe offer the most extensive knowledge base and have used virtually every piece of Leica gear brought to market since 1925. Ask us – we’ll answer every Leica question you have. and photographic gearTamarkin Camera sells only the best. Period. We offer the finest hand-made state-of-the-art and vintage photographic gear available – Leica camera, Fogg Specialist bags and Tamarkin Camera Leather Straps. on the planet.
Tamarkin Camera is an authorized Leica Camera and Sport Optics dealer with a showroom in the River North Gallery district in downtown Chicago. We are also mail-order Leica dealers. Within our showroom is The Rangefinder Gallery, which showcases images made with the legendary Leica M camera.
Leaders in Leica expertise and service, Tamarkin Camera sells more Leica per square foot than any Leica dealer in the world.
Buying & Selling
If you would like to buy an item or simply have a question, please call us.
Tamarkin Camera prefers very personal contact with our customers, which is why you will not find a shopping cart on our website. We find that direct contact between us and our customers is paramount, especially when a item is used or collectible.
The new Leica M10-P
With a touch-function LCD screen, the new M10-P helps with faster checking of focus in Live-View and Playback modes using contemporary touchscreen controls such as swiping and pinch-to-zoom. Also, Leica has added a built-in Level Gauge. The lack of red dot and super-quiet shutter give the new M10-P an even more film-camera-like quality. And the traditional Leica script engraving on top plate and metal accessory shoe cover make the camera both modern and timeless in its appearance.
The new M10-P camera is nearly identical to the Leica M10, but offers the following additional features:
- Touch LCD screen
- Nearly silent shutter
- Traditional Leica script engraving on top plate
- No red dot or other markings on camera front
- Metal accessory shoe cover
- Built-in Level Gauge
- Only 20 grams heavier than the M10
The new Leica C-Lux
Introducing the latest pocket-sized Leica - the new Leica C-Lux !
- Easy to use with its 3” touchscreen display
- Integrated viewfinder
- Large zoom range, 15x zoom from 24mm – 360 mm
- 1” sensor with 20 megapixels of resolution
- Extremely fast auto focus and burst shooting – 10 frames per second
- Integrated WiFi & Bluetooth connectivity
- 4K video resolution with the ability to capture still frames in video
- Shoots in JPEG and RAW
- Slim and elegant design – light gold or midnight blue
- Portfolio of stylish accessories in leather or fabric
Introducing the latest little Leica - the CL
All essential controls are located on the top plate and all the necessary controls are right at your fingertips. The high-resolution touchscreen make it intuitive enough for beginners and customizable for advanced users:
- Compatible with all Leica TL & SL lenses
- Adaptable to use Leica M and R lenses
- Built-in electronic viewfinder, 2,34 MP resolution and 0,74x magnification
- 24MP APS-C sized sensor
- ISO range of 100-50,000 with a Maestro II processor
- Mechanical shutter speed max. of 1/8,000; electronic 1/25,000
- Option for full-time noiseless electronic shutter
- Quick burst shooting up to 10 fps
- 4K video recording @ 30fps with built-in Wi-Fi
- Made in Germany
Available alone, or with the 18-56 Vario-Elmar-TL f3,5-5,6 ASPH - $3,995