Tamarkin Camera offers the very best serviceService is paramount today, as always, and we provide the finest service available – from expert appraisals to helping you choose the perfect gear for you and your style of photography., expertiseWe offer the most extensive knowledge base and have used virtually every piece of Leica gear brought to market since 1925. Ask us – we’ll answer every Leica question you have. and photographic gearTamarkin Camera sells only the best. Period. We offer the finest hand-made state-of-the-art and vintage photographic gear available – Leica camera, Oberwerth camera bags and Tamarkin Camera Leather Straps. on the planet.
Tamarkin Camera is an authorized Leica Camera and Sport Optics dealer with a showroom in the River North Gallery district in downtown Chicago. We are also mail-order Leica dealers. Within our showroom is The Rangefinder Gallery, which showcases images made with the legendary Leica M camera.
Leaders in Leica expertise and service, Tamarkin Camera sells more Leica per square foot than any Leica dealer in the world.
Buying & Selling
If you would like to buy an item or simply have a question, please call us.
Tamarkin Camera prefers very personal contact with our customers, which is why you will not find a shopping cart on our website. We find that direct contact between us and our customers is paramount, especially when a item is used or collectible.
Leica V-Lux 5
The latest addition to its line of premium compact cameras, the Leica V-Lux 5 is the perfect companion for traversing the globe, capturing family memories, or catching a summer music festival. The V-Lux 5’s large one-inch 20-megapixel sensor and incredibly expansive 16x zoom range of the 25-400mm Vario-Elmarit lens make the V-Lux 5 the perfect do-it-all compact camera for any situation. It sports a brand new OLED electronic viewfinder with 2.36 megapixels of resolution and the new 3" tilt-and-swivel touch-screen display now allows for streamlined ways to control the camera and optional custom functions. And with the capability to charge the battery in the camera via USB, the Leica V-Lux 5 is the most travel-ready and versatile V-Lux camera to date.
Take a look:
• 20-megapixel one-inch sensor
• 25-400mm f2,8-4,0 ASPH lens
• 2,36 megapixel OLED EVF with 0,74x magnification
• 3" articulating touchscreen with 1,24 million pixels
• High-speed AF & 12 fps continuous burst shooting
• 4K video recording and 4K photo modes
• Post-Focus & Focus Stacking modes
• Improved battery life
• Micro-USB battery charging
• Wi-Fi & Bluetooth connectivity
• 2-year Leica warranty
Leica M-E (Typ 240)
The Leica M-E (Type 240) makes starting out in the Leica M-System easier than ever, and with a new timelessly elegant aesthetic finish and a genuine leather trim. The latest model of the legendary camera family specifically addresses newcomers to the system at an attractive price. Take a look:
‣ New "Anthracite Paint" finish
‣ Real cowhide leather
‣ Dust and spray resistant
‣ 3" TFT monitor (0.92 million pixels)
‣ Corning Gorilla Glass monitor cover
‣ Leica Maestro Processor with a 2GB buffer
‣ ISO range from 200-6400
‣ Full-Frame 24MP CMOS sensor with 2GB buffer
‣ Full HD video
‣ Integrated spirit level
‣ Leica 2-Year Warranty
‣ Handcrafted in Germany
The Sequel - The Leica Q2
We are thrilled to announce the new Leica Q2 – featuring a brand new 47.3 megapixel full-frame sensor, integrated weather sealing, a brand new electronic viewfinder, lightning-fast autofocus and burst shooting, 4K video, a revised button layout and refined design, and, of course, a stunning 28mm Summilux f1,7 ASPH lens.
- 47.3 megapixel full frame sensor
- Built-in crop modes improved to 30 megapixels at 35 mm, 15 megapixels at 50 mm, and 7 megapixels at a new 75 mm
- Fully weather-sealed to brave the elements and always get the shot while maintaining a compact body
- New 3.68 megapixel OLED EVF for an improved view of the scene with better color and clarity
- Fixed Summilux 28 mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens for tack-sharp images and impeccable low-light quality
- New processor from the Maestro II family ensuring peak performance at these new heights of resolution
- Fast autofocus and 10 fps burst shooting to never miss a crucial moment
- 4K video with UHD and Cine4K resolutions
- Refined control elements inspired by design languages
- Made in Germany
New Special Edition M Lenses
We are excited to announce three new, limited-production variations of popular Leica M lenses. Each variation is unique and available for the first time for each of these lenses, and will be made available in very limited quantities.
28 Summilux-M f1,4 ASPH in stunning silver chrome finish - only 300 will be made - $6,995
28 Summaron-M f5,6 in matte black paint finish - only 500 will be made - $2,995
50 APO-Summicron-M f2 ASPH in black chrome finish highlighted with red enamel paint - only 700 will be made - $9,595
Introducing the latest little Leica - the CL
All essential controls are located on the top plate and all the necessary controls are right at your fingertips. The high-resolution touchscreen make it intuitive enough for beginners and customizable for advanced users:
- Compatible with all Leica TL & SL lenses
- Adaptable to use Leica M and R lenses
- Built-in electronic viewfinder, 2,34 MP resolution and 0,74x magnification
- 24MP APS-C sized sensor
- ISO range of 100-50,000 with a Maestro II processor
- Mechanical shutter speed max. of 1/8,000; electronic 1/25,000
- Option for full-time noiseless electronic shutter
- Quick burst shooting up to 10 fps
- 4K video recording @ 30fps with built-in Wi-Fi
- Made in Germany
Available alone, or with the 18-56 Vario-Elmar-TL f3,5-5,6 ASPH - $3,995