Tamarkin Camera offers the very best serviceService is paramount today, as always, and we provide the finest service available – from expert appraisals to helping you choose the perfect gear for you and your style of photography., expertiseWe offer the most extensive knowledge base and have used virtually every piece of Leica gear brought to market since 1925. Ask us – we’ll answer every Leica question you have. and photographic gearTamarkin Camera sells only the best. Period. We offer the finest hand-made state-of-the-art and vintage photographic gear available – Leica camera, Oberwerth camera bags and Tamarkin Camera Leather Straps. on the planet.
213 W. Institute Place, Suite 403
Chicago, Illinois 60610
Welcome to Tamarkin Camera – “America’s Premier Leica Specialist” – since 1971.
We are one of the largest Leica dealerships in the world for more than 50 years, and we are based in downtown Chicago since 2012. We are open to the public Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., by appointment only.
Working By Appointment Only means that you get our full and undivided attention, and therefore the best service on the planet, in a luxurious environment surrounded by the opulence of the Leica Museum and the Rangefinder Gallery.
To best serve all our clientele, appointments are limited to 50 minutes.
In advance of your appointment, we’ll need to know what you wish to see or experience or examine so that we can prepare for your visit. Also, if you are trading or selling that is likewise important information for us so that we can serve you efficiently.
Thank you for shopping at Tamarkin Camera – we look forward to serving you!
Tamarkin Camera is an authorized Leica Camera and Sport Optics dealer with a showroom in the River North Gallery district in downtown Chicago. We are also mail-order Leica dealers. Within our showroom is The Rangefinder Gallery, which showcases images made with the legendary Leica M camera.
Leaders in Leica expertise and service, Tamarkin Camera sells more Leica per square foot than any Leica dealer in the world.
Buying & Selling
If you would like to buy an item or simply have a question about an item on our website, please call us.
Tamarkin Camera prefers direct contact with our customers, which is why you will not find a shopping cart on our website. We find that direct contact between us and our customers is paramount, especially when a item is used or collectible.
Save $1,500 on a Leica SL-System bundle!
Don’t just dream about the SL2 – own it. For $1,500 less.
Simply create a Leica Owner Account here and download your personal certificate to use on the bundle you choose. Subtract $1,500 form these "list" prices:
Leica SL2 in Silver Chrome & 35 Summicron-SL f2 ASPH - $7,895
Leica SL2 in Silver Chrome & 50 Summicron-SL f2 ASPH - $7,595
Leica SL2 in Silver Chrome & 24-70 Vario-Elmarit-SL f2,8 ASPH - $9,295
Leica SL2 in Black & 35 Summicron-SL f2 ASPH - $7,895
Leica SL2 in Black & 50 Summicron-SL f2 ASPH - $7,595
Leica SL2 in Black & 24-70 Vario-Elmarit-SL f2,8 ASPH - $9,295
Call 1-800-BUY LEICA to learn more!
The Leica M11 Monochrom
In 2012, Leica decided to be the only manufacturer in the world to launch a full frame camera with a dedicated black-and-white sensor: the Leica M Monochrom. Today, in the eleventh year of the Monochrom success story and with a wealth of experience from almost 70 years of designing and manufacturing Leica rangefinder cameras, Leica Camera AG introduces the fourth generation with a black-and-white sensor: The new Leica M11 Monochrom.
First Monochrom BSI CMOS Sensor in a Leica camera
Highest dynamic range in a Leica Monochrom camera to date with up to 15 stops
Triple Resolution Technology: Native at 60 MP with 36MP & 18MP options available for flexibility
Largest ISO range ever in a Leica M Monochrom camera: Native at 125 with a new max of 200,000 ISO
Massive internal memory of 256 GB: perfect for backing up larger memory cards in the field
Heightened durability: scratch resistant black finish and sapphire cover glass on the back display
Fast connection to images and charging via the USB-C port
Iconic & unobtrusive design: No Leica red dot and monochromatic design on dials and buttons
Handmade in Germany
The new Leica Q3
Leica introduces the most powerful fixed focal length full frame camera - the Leica Q3. High-quality craftsmanship, a timeless and sleek design, and simple operation make this the new Leica Q3. Plain and simple - the camera you've been waiting for:
- First ever 60MP BSI CMOS Sensor with Triple Resolution Technology
- 14 stops of dynamic range and
- Digital zoom options up to 90mm
- New Maestro IV Processor with 8GB of buffer memory
- New state of the art Hybrid Autofocus system
- New tiltable back screen with 76% increase in resolution
- New EVF with 56% increase in resolution
- HDMI for video recording & USB-C ports for charging and data transfer
- 8K resolution output and ProRes video support
- New battery with 18% more power
- Wireless charging capabilities
- 10x faster wireless transfer speeds
- IP52 Weather Sealing Certification
1-800-BUY LEICA (289-5342)
New 50 Summilux-M f1,4 ASPH II
A legendary M lens has now been refined and presents itself with the latest high-end technology while keeping its compact and lightweight design: The new Leica Summilux-M 50 f/1.4 ASPH.
- Number of aperture blades increased to 11 for even rounder bokeh when stopped down
- Improved focusing distance up to 0.45 meters (17.7 inches)
- Updated optical performance, especially on high resolution sensors
- Integrated swivel lens hood
- Handmade in Germany
The 2022 Leica M6
Handmade in Germany, the new Leica M6 is an exquisite feat in modern film photography, and harkens back to the Leica cameras of 1984, with significant improvements:
• 0.72x Viewfinder with Coated Glass Surfaces
• Solid Brass Top Plate Enhanced with Abrasion Resistant Black Lacquer
• Red Leitz Logo
• Original M6 Style Packaging
• New Light Meter Indicator with Battery Warning
• New Leica M6 Style ISO Dial, Newly Developed with Modern Electronic Components Inside
• Leather Carrying Strap with Embossed LEICA lettering
• New Black Leatherette with Leica M6 Typical "MADE IN GERMANY" Embossing
• Made in Germany
New 35 Summilux-M
Announcing a new 35mm lens for the Leica M system.
-11 instead of 9 aperture blades for a visibly “improved” bokeh
-closest focusing distance is reduced to 15,74-inches
-integrated lens shade
The Leica M11
The experience of traditional rangefinder photography redefined.
Featuring Leica’s triple resolution sensor, expanded ISO range, dual memory options, extended battery life and a streamlined and intuitive menu system, the Leica M11 represents the new benchmark in digital photography:
- Groundbreaking full frame BSI CMOS color sensor with triple resolution technology for incredible file output versatility and unmatched image quality with M-lenses
- Highest dynamic range M camera to date with a native ISO of 64 and up to 15 stops of dynamic range
- Maestro III processor for high speed image processing & data storage
- 64 GB of internal memory enabling parallel image storage and on-camera backup
- USB-C port for on the go charging and data transfer
- 64% more battery capacity and more power efficient system for extended shooting sessions
- Electronic shutter up to 1/16,000 sec and long exposures up to 1 hour, allowing for even more creative possibilities in extreme lighting conditions
- The black-finish variant of the Leica M11 features a top plate made of high-quality aluminum with a scratch-resistant coating, making it 20% lighter than its silver chrome counterpart
- Multi field metering is now possible when shooting in rangefinder mode, enabling users to shoot in dynamic lighting conditions while also conserving battery
- Live View digital stabilization allowing for smooth and accurate manual focusing while using Live View
- Two Digital Zoom options (1.3x and 1.8x) for fast cropping of DNG and JPG files
- UHS-II SD card compatibility and 3GB buffer enabling quick image storage
- Three customizable function buttons allowing quick access to almost any menu setting in the camera
- New 2.3 megapixel touch screen display with up to 800 nits of brightness, for comfortable image viewing during daytime shoots
- The Leica M11 is a “Made for iPhone and iPad” certified product allowing for reliable data transfer to Leica FOTOS via the included USB-C to Lightning cable
- Outstanding build quality, designed and made in Germany