The Leica landscape is ever-changing. Here you can find the latest developments and announcements from both Leica and Tamarkin Camera.
The Leica S3 is announced
That's right - it's not a typo - the new Leica S3 will arrive soon!
Featuring a new 64 megapixel 30 x 45 mm medium format sensor and expanded 4K video capabilities, this camera offers some of the most dramatic potential for both the studio and in the field. And along woth the famous Leica S-System lenses, this new camera system can't be beat for its ease of handling - it's the only medium format camera of its kind. Welcome the long-awaited Leica S3:
- new 64 megapixel 30 x 45 mm medium format sensor
- 4K video recording across the full width of the sensor
- ISO range of 100 - 50,000
- Dual shutter system for Focal Plane or Central Shutter lenses
- Rugged, weather-sealed build
- Tethered shooting workflow
- Leica FOTOS connectivity
New Wetzlar Leica Special Edition
Introducing a limited production of the Leica M10 Monochrom "Leitz Wetzlar" camera and matching 35 Summilux-M f1,4 ASPH lens! Made to honor the 150th anniversary of Ernst Leitz taking over management of the company and branding it with the Leitz name, these new M products are limited to 650 pieces worldwide.
The camera is identical to the M10 Monochrom with an added "Leitz Wetzlar" engraving on the top plate for that classic Leica look. The 35 Summilux-M lens (in stock now!) has a "Leitz Wetzlar" engraving on the front with grey and white engravings, and a white index dot - to perfectly match the new "Leitz Wetzlar" Monochrom camera.
New Leica M Lenses!
Announcing two new Safari edition lenses and one new silver anodized lens option for the Leica M-System - all three finishes are unique and newly available for the first time for each of these lenses, available in very limited quantities:
28 SUMMICRON-M f2 ASPH "Safari"
Offered for the first time in the exceptionally hard-wearing olive green "Safari" finish, this Summicron lens perfectly matches the Leica M10-P Edition "Safari" camera while featuring a new built-in telescoping hood design. Limited to 500 lenses worldwide. $4,895
90 APO-SUMMICRON-M 2 ASPH "Safari"
The perfect portrait lens for the M-System, the 90mm APO-Summicron-M is the venerable choice when photographers want amazing sharpness with a nicely compressed telephoto look and beautiful bokeh. Now offered in the olive green "Safari" finish with white and red enamel-filled engravings to perfectly match the equally new 28mm, this lens helps flesh out and complete the selection of "Safari" Limited to 250 units worldwide. $5,095
75 APO-SUMMICRON-M f2 ASPH in stunning silver finish
The versatile short-telephoto, ideal for a variety of uses, from portraits to everyday street shooting. With a minimum focus distance of 0.7m and a focal length of 75mm, this APO-Summicron-M proves handy when a photographer needs a lens that can capture a close-up still life or portrait – with exceptional sharpness and rendering. Now available in a silver anodized finish for the first time. Limited to 300 lenses worldwide. $4,395
The new Leica M10 Monochrom!
Announcing the long-awaited third generation of the Leica Monochrom. Based on the Leica M10-P camera, the new Leica M10 Monochrom brings a new level of resolution and performance to the world of photography.
With a newly developed 40-megapixel full-frame monochrome sensor that achieves new heights in sharpness, The Leica M10 Monochrom offers unparalleled detail and resolution. And with its lower native (base) ISO of 160 and a higher maximum ISO of 100,000, the new M10 Monochrom is better than ever before – even more capable than its predecessors in difficult lighting scenarios while maintaining its film-like grain and beautiful contrast and sharpness:
- Newly developed 40-megapixel full-frame black and white sensor
- ISO range of 160 - 100,000
- Silent mechanical shutter
- Thin body design and ISO dial of M10-P camera
- Leica FOTOS connectivity; first Monochrom to feature Wi-Fi
- Monochromatic design aesthetic; white and gray engravings on the body, blacked-out shutter button and lens release button
Tamarkin Camera Leather Straps
Made entirely by hand locally using top-quality Horween Leather, our custom camera neck and wrist straps are works of art - $65-$95 in black or brown.
Tamarkin Camera Leica T-Shirts
Created here at Tamarkin Camera from a vintage Leica M2 instructional poster - $25 in medium & large sizes
Introducing the 90 Summilux-M f1,5 ASPH
The latest in a long line of renowned Summilux lenses, this new 90mm super-fast lens is perfect for portraits with an incredibly shallow depth of field, allowing a striking separation of its razor-sharp subjects from the dreamy backgrounds with a lovely bokeh. Whether you use your new Summilux on the Leica M camera or on the Leica SL and SL2 camera, this new Leica 90 Summilux-M f1,5 ASPH lens promises to bring portraits to life with new levels of sharpness and its own signature look.
This new 90 Summilux-M f1,5 ASPH boasts an elaborate construction comprised of eight optic elements in six groups, two of which are aspherical in design and made of specialized glass types. A floating lens element ensures the superior optical performance of the lens is maintained across the full focus range. This advanced lens design and fast maximum aperture it achieves gives the lens its unique image rendering and unparalleled performance.
The new Leica SL2
Announcing the next milestone and icon in the Leica Camera’s long history of premium cameras – the new Leica SL2! The Leica SL2 elevates the full-frame mirrorless camera to new heights with improved performance, refined ergonomics and streamlined controls:
• 47 MP High Resolution stills and 4K video
• Built-in Body Image Stabilization
• Leica Object Detection Autofocus with tracking
• IP54 Weather sealed full-metal body
• Designed and Made in Germany
• Enhanced ergonomic design
• Leatherette wrap around front and rear
• Streamlined three-button rear control layout
• Upgraded EyeRes EVF - 5.76 MP
• Dual UHS-II SDXC card slots
• Maestro III Processor
• ISO range 50 - 50,000
• 3.2" rear LCD - 2.1 million dot resolution
• Up to 20 fps and 10 fps (mechanical shutter)
• 14 stops of dynamic range
• Multishot function (187 MP resolution)
• 4K video recording across the full sensor
• Up to 4K/60p and 5K/30p (cropped)
• L-Log and HLG video gamma
• Optional Cine Mode
• 8 or 10-bit recording straight to card
• HDMI output for full 10-bit 4:2:2 recording
• Built-in 3.5mm headphones and mic jacks
• USB-C 3.1 port for in-camera charging
• Same battery as the SL (16062)
The Sequel - The Leica Q2
We are thrilled to announce the new Leica Q2 – featuring a brand new 47.3 megapixel full-frame sensor, integrated weather sealing, a brand new electronic viewfinder, lightning-fast autofocus and burst shooting, 4K video, a revised button layout and refined design, and, of course, a stunning 28mm Summilux f1,7 ASPH lens.
- 47.3 megapixel full frame sensor
- Built-in crop modes improved to 30 megapixels at 35 mm, 15 megapixels at 50 mm, and 7 megapixels at a new 75 mm
- Fully weather-sealed to brave the elements and always get the shot while maintaining a compact body
- New 3.68 megapixel OLED EVF for an improved view of the scene with better color and clarity
- Fixed Summilux 28 mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens for tack-sharp images and impeccable low-light quality
- New processor from the Maestro II family ensuring peak performance at these new heights of resolution
- Fast autofocus and 10 fps burst shooting to never miss a crucial moment
- 4K video with UHD and Cine4K resolutions
- Refined control elements inspired by design languages
- Made in Germany
Please call us at (800) 289-5342 or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org