The Leica landscape is ever-changing. Here you can find the latest developments and announcements from both Leica and Tamarkin Camera.
Leica I (Model C Standardized)
Leica I (Model C Standardized) set. A piece of photographic history: Leica I (Model C Standardized) Nr. 52505 with the very rare 135mm swing-over viewfinder mask, 90 "Fat" Elmar f4 Nr. 94275, universal viewfinder VIDOM and well-worn lens shade FIKUS, and early Outfit Case, all from 1930.
The Leica M10-P ASC set
Leica M10-P “ASC 100 Edition” Set Nr. 9019984. Made to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the founding of the American Society of Cinematographers. The set includes the Leica M10-P Black “ASC 100 Edition” camera and the 35mm Summicron-M f2 ASPH “ASC 100 Edition” in gold finish, with all accessories and caps. Limited to 300 sets Worldwide. A very handsome and unusual Special Edition Leica. Unused and Mint.
24-70 Vario-Elmarit-SL f2,8 ASPH
Announcing the latest in the Leica SL lens line – the new 24-70 Vario-Elmarit-SL f2,8 ASPH. This new addition to the SL line of lenses is an ideal focal range with a constant maximum aperture of f2,8. Take a look:
• 19 elements (3 with ASPH surfaces on both sides) in 15 groups
• Consistent f2,8 maximum aperture throughout the full zoom range
• Fast internal focusing with a single, lightweight lens element
• Compact design and lighter weight
• Stabilized by the SL2 and SL2-S BIS systems
• Excellent sharpness across all f-stops and focus distances with creamy bokeh
• Metal body with weather-sealing
35 APO-Summicron-M f2 ASPH
Announcing an exciting new innovation from Leica for the M system: the new 35 APO-Summicron-M f2 ASPH
Pushing the limits of technological possibilities, Leica will soon deliver a new masterpiece of German engineering, the 35 APO-Summicron. With a minimum focusing distance of just 0.3m (just under one foot!), this new wide angle M lens has a detent at 0.7m on the focus ring, so you can feel when the lens steps into the close-focus range. The elaborate lens design, combined with the high-precision manufacturing processes in Wetzlar, Germany, reduces chromatic aberrations to almost zero and also provides chromatic correction – a quality that is rarely found in lenses of this focal length, and a first for a 35 mm lens in the M-System.
50 Noctilux-M f1,2 ASPH
The Groundbreaking Noctilux is Reborn
Announcing the Leica 50 Noctilux-M 1,2 ASPH lens, reinvisioned to today’s imaging standard, while keeping the classic 1966 look and feel of the original Noctilux lens.
The Noctilux’s legendary status and unique imaging aesthetic offers soft, almost dreamlike quality that creates an unmistakable look with an exquisite bokeh. This iconic reissue is very close to the original computation, and benefits from modern optic- and lens-construction techniques. Like the original 1966 lens, which was the world's very first production aspherical lens with hand-ground aspheres, this new Noctilux-M is offered in the modern black anodised finish and recreates the look and feel of the original, legendary Noctilux f1,2 lens that is so treasured by collectors today...
Tamarkin Camera Leather Straps
Made entirely by hand locally using top-quality Horween Leather, our custom camera neck and wrist straps are works of art - $95 in black, brown, or Horween Limited Edition leathers, with a variety of stitch colors.
Tamarkin Camera Leica T-Shirts
Created here at Tamarkin Camera from a vintage Leica M2 instructional poster - $25 in medium & large sizes
The Leica SL2
Announcing the next milestone and icon in the Leica Camera’s long history of premium cameras – the Leica SL2! The Leica SL2 elevates the full-frame mirrorless camera to new heights with improved performance, refined ergonomics and streamlined controls:
• 47 MP High Resolution stills and 4K video
• Built-in Body Image Stabilization
• Leica Object Detection Autofocus with tracking
• IP54 Weather sealed full-metal body
• Designed and Made in Germany
• Enhanced ergonomic design
• Leatherette wrap around front and rear
• Streamlined three-button rear control layout
• Upgraded EyeRes EVF - 5.76 MP
• Dual UHS-II SDXC card slots
• Maestro III Processor
• ISO range 50 - 50,000
• 3.2" rear LCD - 2.1 million dot resolution
• Up to 20 fps and 10 fps (mechanical shutter)
• 14 stops of dynamic range
• Multishot function (187 MP resolution)
• 4K video recording across the full sensor
• Up to 4K/60p and 5K/30p (cropped)
• L-Log and HLG video gamma
• Optional Cine Mode
• 8 or 10-bit recording straight to card
• HDMI output for full 10-bit 4:2:2 recording
• Built-in 3.5mm headphones and mic jacks
• USB-C 3.1 port for in-camera charging
• Same battery as the SL (16062)
The Sequel - The Leica Q2
We are thrilled to announce the new Leica Q2 – featuring a brand new 47.3 megapixel full-frame sensor, integrated weather sealing, a brand new electronic viewfinder, lightning-fast autofocus and burst shooting, 4K video, a revised button layout and refined design, and, of course, a stunning 28mm Summilux f1,7 ASPH lens.
- 47.3 megapixel full frame sensor
- Built-in crop modes improved to 30 megapixels at 35 mm, 15 megapixels at 50 mm, and 7 megapixels at a new 75 mm
- Fully weather-sealed to brave the elements and always get the shot while maintaining a compact body
- New 3.68 megapixel OLED EVF for an improved view of the scene with better color and clarity
- Fixed Summilux 28 mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens for tack-sharp images and impeccable low-light quality
- New processor from the Maestro II family ensuring peak performance at these new heights of resolution
- Fast autofocus and 10 fps burst shooting to never miss a crucial moment
- 4K video with UHD and Cine4K resolutions
- Refined control elements inspired by design languages
- Made in Germany
Please call us at (800) 289-5342 or send an email email@example.com