Oberwerth Camera Bags
Intelligent and stylish design is combined with first-class craftsmanship.
Oberwerth camera bags are stunning and practical at once. Hand-made in Germany, one can immediately see and feel the craftsmanship. Using the finest materials and carefully considered thoughtful design elements create a world-class camera bag, equally at home “in the field” or on your shoulder in the urban canyons.
Intelligent and stylish design is combined with first-class craftsmanship with an outstanding look and feel: 100% handmade – 100% made in Germany.
Oberwerth takes standard elements like zip fastenings, inserts, seams and leather edge detailing to the next level. Every one of our bags is made with skill, love and care; we use only top-quality leather and time-tested and time-tough CORDURA®. Stylish and practical, each Oberwerth bag is a work of art.
Oberwerth makes the perfect photo companion for wherever life takes you.
We stock some of the most popular Oberwerth models, listed here from smallest to largest:
“Freiburg” is perfectly suited for the Leica M and a lens or two. The Freiburg also naturally provides enough space for your tablet, PDA and important documents. A removable insert with modular and adjustable air cushioning protects your gear, and an invisible cut-resistant cable ensures you and your photo bag are inseparable.
- Small and elegant, in high-quality material- and color-mix of CORDURA® and top quality leather (or all leather).
- Because of its low weight the bag is a constant companion – without being a burden.
- The spacious front pocket provides additional space for personal items or further gear.
- Practical, detachable and removable insert can be closed by help of a velcro string.
- Additional compartments for smart cards and bits & pieces.
- Handmade in Germany!
Internal: approximately 9 x 6,75 x 2,75-inches
External: approximately 10,5 x 7,75 x 4-inches
Freiburg Stealth (Limited Edition)
Practical size, well thought-out down to the last detail, lightweight and with a number of possibilities, perfectly carrying and protecting a Leica M along with further lenses. The "Freiburg Stealth" also naturally provides enough space for your tablet, PDA and important documents. A removable insert with modular and adjustable air cushion top off the sophisticated impression. Placed in the shoulder strap, the invisible cut reistant device ensures you and your photo bag are inseparable.
- Leather, as the dominant material of the outer bag, as well as the air-cushioned insert provide protection of your equipment against weather, shocks and other external influences
- Because of its low weight the bag is a constant companion – without being a burden
- The spacious front pocket provides additional space for personal items or further gear
- Practical, detachable and removable insert can be closed with by help of a velcro string
- Additional compartments for smart cards and bits and pieces
- Shoulder strap is protected against cut off by inserting a special but invisible tough material
- Like all Oberwerth bags: 100% handmade in Germany!
Internal Dimensions: approximately 9,5 x 7,2,4 x 3,5-inches
External Dimensions: approximately 10,6 x 7,75 x 4,25-inches
The "Wetzlar" is larger than the Freiburg, but smaller than the München. Big enough to carry more than one camera and a lens, this is the perfect choice for ambitious photographers looking to transport their extensive range of equipment safely and comfortably.
The Wetzlar offers plenty of storage space and draws the eye to its timeless, elegant and sporty design. The top of the insert contains pockets for memory cards, and the front and side pockets offer storage for rangefinders, power packs and other accessories. Even when using the insert, there is still enough space to safely store and transport a tablet.
- Exterior side pockets for storing personal items and accessories
- Sturdy CORDURA® and high-quality leather protect against impact, moisture and external influences
- CORDURA® insert, two adjustable cushions and two memory card pockets
- Space for a tablet
- Like all Oberwerth bags, it is 100% handmade in Germany
Internal: approximately 9,75 x 7,75 x 5-inches
External: approximately 11,8 x 8,5 x 6,1-inches
The "München" is spacious with a timeless appearance, equipped with numerous storage compartments for photo equipment, laptop, or tablet. Both front pockets provide enough space to stow personal items, independent of the camera. The München adapts to your own style and is a perfect companion not only for the serious photographer but also for the office or a business trip.
- Durable CORDURA® and high-quality leather protects the equipment against shocks, moisture or other external influences.
- Additional compartments for smart cards.
- Spacious front pockets provide additional space for personal items or further gear.
- Practical additional compartments for laptop, tablet, PDA and documents.
- Handmade in Germany!
Internal: approximately 13,75 x 9,5 x 4,5-inches
External: approximately 14,5 x 10,25 x 5,5-inches
The ultra-lightweight, particularly sturdy bag is the ideal camera and cross body bag in one. The finest Italian leather from Tuscany is further refined in Germany and shapes the character of this bag. Camera plus 1 to 2 lenses can be easily transported as well as a "normal" tablet (Tablet Pro users please select "Boulevard 11"). The practical pads allow individual arrangement and the two front pockets hold the photographer's important accessories as well as the traveler's papers and personal utensils.
- Compact format for system camera and interchangeable lens
- Three individual color options: Black, dark brown and black with red lining
- Adjustable, robust and colour-coordinated cotton carrying strap with ergonomic shoulder pad made of leather
- LOXX® locking system protects against unwanted access
Internal Dimensions: approximately 10,6 x 7,7 x 3,9-inches
External Dimensions: approximately 11,4 x 8,3 x 4,7-inches
Limited Edition "Oberwerth for Leica" Bag
The ‘Oberwerth for Leica' set has been made exclusively for Leica and is limited to 800 pieces worldwide. Each set consists of a camera bag, removable insert, matching camera strap, and cases for a battery and the EVF 2 or Visoflex 020.
The ‘Oberwerth for Leica' is handmade in Germany from black leather and black Cordura nylon with red edge stitching. With inner dimensions of 9.5″ x 7″ x 3.5″ (24 x 18 x 9 cm), the bag is ideally sized for M, T, X and Q camera systems. You should be able to comfortably fit an M with three lenses. Like other nylon/leather hybrid Oberwerth bags, this case should be very lightweight yet sturdy and stylish. The ‘Oberwerth for Leica’ was awarded the prestigious RedDot European design award.
Internal Dimensions: approximately 9,5 x 7 x 3.5 -inches
External Dimensions: approximately 10 x 9 x 4,5-inches
Oberwerth Leica Q2 Leather Photo Bag
The name says it all! The Leica Q2 Bag
The bag with the perfect fit for your Q (Typ 116) or Q2, even with a handgrip attached.
An absolute highlight is the vegetable-tanned leather, which has been prepared in a special water-repellent process. The soft leather gets its unique properties through hydrophobic treatment. Raindrops pearl off - so the Q bag is the perfect companion for a splash-proof camera. The leather has a feel not unlike that of velour and develops a special and individual patina over time.
Beside the camera with the dimensions 130 x 80 x 91,9 mm (W x H x D) there is enough space for the charger, lens hood, cable and your smartphone. The strap is made of recycled PET bottles of European origin.
The Q Bag at-a-glance:
- Protection - the Q2 bag protects against splash water and other external influences due to its special hydrophobic, vegetable tanned leather.
- Casual - the soft yet concise feel of the leather, very much like a velour surface expresses the casual charm o the bag
- Haptics - simply a great leather: soft, stable and agile
- Place - the second skin of the Q, with or without finger loop
- Internal Dimensions: approximately 7.9 x 5.7 x 4.0 - inches
- External Dimensions: approximately 8.3 x 6.5 x 4.5 - inches