The Leica landscape is ever-changing. Here you can find the latest developments and announcements from both Leica and Tamarkin Camera.
New Leica Camera Promotional Prices
This Month - "Promotional Price After Exchange Rate Savings" Program
Nearly all Leica Camera products are 12% off - extended through the month of July!
Miracle Works Chicago Leather Straps
Made by hand right here in Chicago, the Miracle Works leather strap is a work of art - $75-$95 in a variety of styles.
Tamarkin Camera Leica T-Shirts
Created here at Tamarkin Camera from a vintage Leica M2 instructional poster - $25 in medium & large sizes
Hot off the presses! The Leica Q (Typ 116)
The new Leica Q (Typ 116) is the perfect walking around camera, featuring a super-fast 28mm Summilux f1,7 Aspherical lens. Excellent for both macro and street, the Leica Q is the perfect extension of the Leica line.
- Fast autofocus lens - 28mm Summilux f1,7 ASPH with macro-mode
- Full-frame 24 megapixel CMOS Sensor
- Live-View and Focus Peaking
- Integrated electronic viewfinder & thumb rest
- Video recordings in Full HD
- Easy, instinctive use with touch screen control
- Extremely robust - top plate made of aluminum, body made of magnesium alloy
- Integrated Wi-Fi and Leica Q-App makes it easy to share pictures
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® available as free download
- Made in Germany
The new Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) - excellence redefined
The Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) offers unparalleled image performance, outstanding low light capabilities and rich detail. In essence, a Leica M (Typ 240) camera model that shoots only black & white images and video, taking B&W photography to the next level.
- Low noise up to ISO 25,000
- Live-View and focus peaking
- Large 2-gigabyte buffer memory and Leica Maestro processor
- High quality full-HD video function
- Sapphire crystal glass LCD cover plate and 3” monitor
- Compatible with all accessories for the Leica M (Typ 240)
- Access to R lenses with Leica M- Adapter- R for pictures and video
- Adobe Lightroom available as a download
- Made in Germany in black chrome finish
Leica M-P (Typ 240) Safari Edition
Leica’s safari/olive edition cameras date back to 1960 with the Leica M1 ‘Olive.’ Made initially for the military, these olive cameras are highly prized collectibles, often found with a beautiful patina.
The engraving on the top cover of this new limited edition has the classic Leica script and ‘WETZLAR GERMANY’
Included in the set is a 35 Summicron-M f2 ASPH in silver chrome finish with the classic round metal lens hood. Limited to 1,500 pieces worldwide.
The Leica M 60 Special Edition
The Leica M 60 Special Edition is as timeless as its predecessors. This limited production run of only 600 pieces integrates the modern and the vintage for an unheralded Leica shooting experience. Finished in silky stainless steel and delivered with the incomparable 35 Summilux-M f1,4 ASPH lens, this 60th Anniversary edition will find a special place in photographic - and Leica - history.
Leica M-A. Back to the fundamentals
The Leica M-A is a return to the pure form and function of the 60-year lineage that made Leica famous - a fully mechanical, meterless Leica M camera. Available in classic silver chrome with Leica script on top, or stealthy black chrome finish with no top engraving, the Leica M-A is destined to become an M classic.
- Nearly identical to the Leica M2 - but made state-of-the-art in Wetzlar, Germany
- Super-bright .72-magnification viewfinder with crisp rangefinder patch
- Fully mechanical shutter
- Frame-line selector lever as on early Leica M cameras
- Classic Leica finish and feel
The Leica M-P (Typ 240)
The Leica M-P (Typ 240) boasts a sleek look reminiscent of the Leica M9-P. This newest member of the Leica M family has a larger buffer: shoot up to 24 images in full continuous speed of 3 frames per second! Plus, the traditional frameline selector lever is back...
- Classic Leica script engraved on top plate
- Sapphire LCD screen protector - extremely resilient
- Faster image processor - double-sized image buffer of 2 GB
- Frame selector lever allows frameline preview
- Brilliant viewfinder quality and precise focusing through the LED-powered rangefinder, plus Live View
- 24-megapixel LEICA MAX CMOS Sensor
- “Leica Look” videos with Full HD video capture
- Splash Resistant housing
Leica D-Lux (Typ 109)
The Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) is the compact camera choice of professional photographers. With a new fast, f1,7 Summilux lens and comprehensive manual operations, the Leica D-Lux (Typ 109)is a compact, powerful and sturdy camera in a full metal housing. With a high-speed shutter and focus peaking features, the Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) also offers 4k video technology.
- Larger sensor 4/3-inch sensor with an effective resolution of 12.8 Megapixels
- Integrated electronic viewfinder
- Compact and sturdy design with a full metal housing
- High-resolution display with 920,000 pixels, latest 4k video technology & focus peaking
- Shoots either in RAW or JPEG
- Leica CF D Flash included
- Wi-Fi & NFC provides remote access from a smartphone/tablet
- Electronic View Finder for easy viewing under any lighting conditions
- Free download of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom & 3-year warranty
- Maximum ISO of 25,600
Leica V-Lux (Typ 114)
A versatile compact camera to suit the needs of everyone from the professional photographer to any amatuer, the Leica V-Lux (Typ 114) has the longest zoom in its class, and features an integrated high-resolution electronic view finder, a focus ring for manual zoom focusing, and the latest 4K video technology.
- One inch sensor with a 20 MP resolution for excellent picture quality with shallow depth of field and a beautiful bokeh
- Electronic ViewFinder for easy viewing under any lighting conditionsFast Leica 25-400mm Vario-Elmarit f2,8-4,0 ASPH lens
- Shoots either in RAW or JPEG
- Fastest high speed AF in its class even in tele position
- Wi-Fi & NFC in the Leica V-Lux (Typ 114) allows remote access
- Video with sharper and richer details
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom & 3-year warranty