The Leica landscape is ever-changing. Here you can find the latest developments and announcements from both Leica and Tamarkin Camera.
Tamarkin Camera Leather Straps
Made entirely by hand locally using top-quality Horween Leather and stamped "Tamarkin Chicago," our custom camera neck and wrist straps are works of art - $65-$95 in black or brown.
Tamarkin Camera Leica T-Shirts
Created here at Tamarkin Camera from a vintage Leica M2 instructional poster - $25 in medium & large sizes
The new Leica TL
The new Leica TL in Titanium finish has a 32-gig internal memory and enhanced features, including rounded corners for a sleek new look. The TL-App on Apple App Store and Google Play make the new TL a breeze for sharing. Also available in black and silver finishes.
The classic reborn: 28 Summaron-M f5,6
A classic Leica lens is reborn. The new 28mm Leica Summaron-M f5,6 is the modern reincarnation of a classic lens design and the most compact M-Lens made to date. The new Leica 28mm Summaron-M f5,6 is modeled after the original screw mount lens produced at the Leitz factory in Wetzlar from 1955 to 1963 - recreated in M-bayonet mount with 6-bit coding and a slightly revised mechanical design but no changes to the optical design itself.
Introducing the new Leica SOFORT instant film camera. Taken from the German word for “instantly”, the Leica SOFORT harkens back to an earlier day using modern technology: a simple and fun instant Polaroid-style camera, designed by Leica. Available in mint, orange and white with an array of accessories.
- 60mm Hektor f2,7 lens (34mm in the standard 35mm format)
- Eight modes to choose from: Automatic, Self-Portrait, People & Party, Action & Sport, Bulb, Macro, Self-Timer, and Double Exposure
- Three focus steps: macro, standard and landscape, which can function independently of the 8 modes
- Optical 0,37-magnification viewfinder with parallax compensation for macro
- Uses ISO 800 “Leica instant film” (10-packs of color $12, and monochrome $15)
- Produces images with a “warm white frame / border” reminiscent of the Polaroid instant film.
The Leica Q (Typ 116)
The new Leica Q (Typ 116) is the perfect walking around camera, featuring a super-fast 28mm Summilux f1,7 Aspherical lens. Excellent for both macro and street, the Leica Q is the perfect extension of the Leica line. The camera is available in black or "titanium" gray finish.
- Fast autofocus lens - 28mm Summilux f1,7 ASPH with macro-mode
- Full-frame 24 megapixel CMOS Sensor
- Live-View and Focus Peaking
- Integrated electronic viewfinder & thumb rest
- Video recordings in Full HD
- Easy, instinctive use with touch screen control
- Extremely robust - top plate made of aluminum, body made of magnesium alloy
- Integrated Wi-Fi and Leica Q-App makes it easy to share pictures
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® available as free download
- Made in Germany
Please call us at (800) 289-5342 or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
The New Leica M (Typ 262)
The newest member of the Leica M family - the Leica M (Typ 262). A simplified version of the M (Typ 240) cameras, this lighter camera is pure rangefinder. There is no video or LiveView features, and a White Balance quick menu button is added instead.
- Compact digital M camera concentrating solely on the traditional rangefinder
- Top plate made from durable aluminum, making it lighter by 100 grams
- Streamlined and simplified menu system, consisting of only 2 pages
- Dedicated button on the back of the camera for White Balance (WB)
- Quieter shutter mechanism for more discreet shooting
- 24 megapixel CMOS sensor (still-pictures only) ensures exceptional image quality
- Leica Maestro processor for fast recording of captured images
- ISO values up to 6,400 ensure great quality images in low light
- All the essential controls and functions logically and ergonomically placed
- LCD made of scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass
The Leica SL (Typ 601)
Leica Camera presents the Leica SL (Typ 601), the new professional camera system, which pairs cutting-edge mirrorless technology with speed and optical performance. The Leica SL can be used with all Leica lenses. Take a look:
- Largest, fastest & highest resolution EVF (4.4 MP@60FPS / 0.8x magnification)
- Fastest burst rate: 11 fps@ 24 MP
- Fastest AF in full frame system cameras
- 24-MP CMOS sensor: ISO 50-50,000
- All Leica lenses supported (SL, S, R, M, T & Cine)
- Fastest SD standard (UHS2) with a secondary (UHS1) back up SD card slot
- Best video quality: 4k at 30 fps (Super 35), 1080HD@120fps
- Weather sealed to protect from spray water and dust
- Shutter speed from 30 min (bulb) - 1/8,000s (mechanical)
- Ultrasonic sensor cleaning
- Latest generation of Leica Professional user interface with hybrid touch operation
- Integrated WiFi and GPS module
- Made in Germany & milled from solid blocks of aluminum
- Optimized for all Leica lenses
Along with the SL camera, Leica is introducing three new lenses in this new lens mount (now called the “TL” lens mount) - identical to the Leica T Camera System mount:
- 24-90 Vario-Elmarit-SL f2,8-f4 ASPH ($4,950)
- 90-280 Vario-Elmarit-SL f2,8-f4 ASPH ($6,395)
- 50 Summilux-SL f1,4 ASPH ($5,295)