Tamarkin Camera offers the very best serviceService is paramount today, as always, and we provide the finest service available – from expert appraisals to helping you choose the perfect gear for you and your style of photography., expertiseWe offer the most extensive knowledge base and have used virtually every piece of Leica gear brought to market since 1925. Ask us – we’ll answer every Leica question you have. and photographic gearTamarkin Camera sells only the best. Period. We offer the finest hand-made state-of-the-art and vintage photographic gear available – Leica camera, Oberwerth camera bags and Tamarkin Camera Leather Straps. on the planet.
213 W. Institute Place, Suite 403
Chicago, Illinois 60610
Welcome to Tamarkin Camera – “America’s Premier Leica Specialist” – since 1971.
We are one of the largest Leica dealerships in the world for more than 50 years, and we are based in downtown Chicago since 2012. We are open to the public Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., by appointment only.
Working By Appointment Only means that you get our full and undivided attention, and therefore the best service on the planet, in a luxurious environment surrounded by the opulence of the Leica Museum and the Rangefinder Gallery.
To best serve all our clientele, appointments are limited to 50 minutes.
In advance of your appointment, we’ll need to know what you wish to see or experience or examine so that we can prepare for your visit. Also, if you are trading or selling that is likewise important information for us so that we can serve you efficiently. To create an appointment, you must complete and return this simple Questionnaire.
Each Friday afternoon we open our doors to the public – no appointment needed.
Our Open Fridays encourage learning about Leica, plunking down in a comfy chair in our library with a monograph, viewing the photographs on display in the Rangefinder Gallery, and schmoozing with other Leicaphiles. (Please bear in mind that when you visit on a Friday afternoon there may be limited opportunity to view or test or examine our new and used gear.)
Thank you for shopping at Tamarkin Camera – we look forward to serving you!
Tamarkin Camera is an authorized Leica Camera and Sport Optics dealer with a showroom in the River North Gallery district in downtown Chicago. We are also mail-order Leica dealers. Within our showroom is The Rangefinder Gallery, which showcases images made with the legendary Leica M camera.
Leaders in Leica expertise and service, Tamarkin Camera sells more Leica per square foot than any Leica dealer in the world.
Buying & Selling
If you would like to buy an item or simply have a question about an item on our website, please call us.
Tamarkin Camera prefers direct contact with our customers, which is why you will not find a shopping cart on our website. We find that direct - sometimes electronic - contact between us and our customers is paramount, especially when a item is used or collectible.
Tamarkin Camera is moving!
Tamarkin Camera is moving to a new, swanky showroom! We're moving just three blocks away, and staying in the Rver North area of downtown Chicago. We remain open By Appointment Only, and we look forward to yor visit! To learn more, please email us at email@example.com. Our new address is 213 W. Institute Place, Suite 403
The Leica M11
The experience of traditional rangefinder photography redefined.
Featuring Leica’s triple resolution sensor, expanded ISO range, dual memory options, extended battery life and a streamlined and intuitive menu system, the Leica M11 represents the new benchmark in digital photography:
- Groundbreaking full frame BSI CMOS color sensor with triple resolution technology for incredible file output versatility and unmatched image quality with M-lenses
- Highest dynamic range M camera to date with a native ISO of 64 and up to 15 stops of dynamic range
- Maestro III processor for high speed image processing & data storage
- 64 GB of internal memory enabling parallel image storage and on-camera backup
- USB-C port for on the go charging and data transfer
- 64% more battery capacity and more power efficient system for extended shooting sessions
- Electronic shutter up to 1/16,000 sec and long exposures up to 1 hour, allowing for even more creative possibilities in extreme lighting conditions
- The black-finish variant of the Leica M11 features a top plate made of high-quality aluminum with a scratch-resistant coating, making it 20% lighter than its silver chrome counter part
- Multi field metering is now possible when shooting in rangefinder mode, enabling users to shoot in dynamic lighting conditions while also conserving battery
- Live View digital stabilization allowing for smooth and accurate manual focusing while using Live View
- Two Digital Zoom options (1.3x and 1.8x) for fast cropping of DNG and JPG files
- UHS-II SD card compatibility and 3GB buffer enabling quick image storage
- Three customizable function buttons allowing quick access to almost any menu setting in the camera
- New 2.3 megapixel touch screen display with up to 800 nits of brightness, for comfortable image viewing during daytime shoots
- The Leica M11 is a “Made for iPhone and iPad” certified product allowing for reliable data transfer to Leica FOTOS via the included USB-C to Lightning cable
- Outstanding build quality, designed and made in Germany
The Leica Q2 Monochrom
This latest Leica sports a brand new 47 megapixel full frame monochrome sensor based on its sibling model, the Leica Q2. Amazing sharpness, detail and resolution combines with a higher dynamic range to give you the best black & white image quality in an easy-to-use, fast auto-focusing camera. The expanded ISO range of 100-100,000 with the 28mm Summilux f1,7 ASPH lens enables photographers to capture stills and 4K video in any light:
– Compatible with all Q2 accessories, including battery
– New 47mp full frame black and white sensor for stills and 4K video
– ISO range of 100 - 100,000
– Matte black paint finish and monochromatic engravings
– Weather sealing,
– Fast and accurate AF,
– 3.68mp OLED EVF,
– German craftsmanship
– and the intuitive handling of the Q Camera line
The Leica M10 Monochrom
Announcing the long-awaited third generation of the Leica Monochrom. Based on the Leica M10-P camera, the new Leica M10 Monochrom brings a new level of resolution and performance to the world of photography.
With a newly developed 40-megapixel full-frame monochrome sensor that achieves new heights in sharpness, The Leica M10 Monochrom offers unparalleled detail and resolution. And with its lower native (base) ISO of 160 and a higher maximum ISO of 100,000, the new M10 Monochrom is better than ever before – even more capable than its predecessors in difficult lighting scenarios while maintaining its film-like grain and beautiful contrast and sharpness:
- Newly developed 40-megapixel full-frame black and white sensor
- ISO range of 160 - 100,000
- Silent mechanical shutter
- Thin body design and ISO dial of M10-P camera
- Leica FOTOS connectivity; first Monochrom to feature Wi-Fi
- Monochromatic design aesthetic; white and gray engravings on the body, blacked-out shutter button and lens release button