Tamarkin Camera offers the very best serviceService is paramount today, as always, and we provide the finest service available – from expert appraisals to helping you choose the perfect gear for you and your style of photography., expertiseWe offer the most extensive knowledge base and have used virtually every piece of Leica gear brought to market since 1925. Ask us – we’ll answer every Leica question you have. and photographic gearTamarkin Camera sells only the best. Period. We offer the finest hand-made state-of-the-art and vintage photographic gear available – Leica camera, Fogg Specialist bags and Tamarkin Camera Leather Straps. on the planet.
New Leica Camera Promotional Prices
"Promotional Price After Exchange Rate Savings" Program
Nearly all Leica Camera products are 12% off - extended through the month of October !
Tamarkin Camera is an authorized Leica Camera and Sport Optics dealer with a showroom in the River North Gallery district in downtown Chicago. We are also mail-order Leica dealers. Within our showroom is The Rangefinder Gallery, which showcases images made with the legendary Leica M camera.
Leaders in Leica expertise and service, Tamarkin Camera sells more Leica per square foot than any Leica dealer in the world.
Buying & Selling
If you would like to buy an item or simply have a question, please call us.
Tamarkin Camera prefers personal contact with our customers, which is why you will not find a shopping cart on our website. We find that direct contact between us and our customers is paramount, especially when a item is used or collectible.
Hot off the presses! The Leica Q (Typ 116)
The new Leica Q (Typ 116) is the perfect walking around camera, featuring a super-fast 28mm Summilux f1,7 Aspherical lens. Excellent for both macro and street, the Leica Q is the perfect extension of the Leica line.
- Fast autofocus lens - 28mm Summilux f1,7 ASPH with macro-mode
- Full-frame 24 megapixel CMOS Sensor
- Live-View and Focus Peaking
- Integrated electronic viewfinder & thumb rest
- Video recordings in Full HD
- Easy, instinctive use with touch screen control
- Extremely robust - top plate made of aluminum, body made of magnesium alloy
- Integrated Wi-Fi and Leica Q-App makes it easy to share pictures
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® available as free download
- Made in Germany
The new Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) - excellence redefined
The Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) offers unparalleled image performance, outstanding low light capabilities and rich detail. In essence, a Leica M (Typ 240) camera model that shoots only black & white images and video, taking B&W photography to the next level.
- Low noise up to ISO 25,000
- Live-View and focus peaking
- Large 2-gigabyte buffer memory and Leica Maestro processor
- High quality full-HD video function
- Sapphire crystal glass LCD cover plate and 3” monitor
- Compatible with all accessories for the Leica M (Typ 240)
- Access to R lenses with Leica M- Adapter- R for pictures and video
- Adobe Lightroom available as a download
- Made in Germany in black chrome finish
Leica M-P (Typ 240) Safari Edition
Leica’s safari/olive edition cameras date back to 1960 with the Leica M1 ‘Olive.’ Made initially for the military, these olive cameras are highly prized collectibles, often found with a beautiful patina.
The engraving on the top cover of this new limited edition has the classic Leica script and ‘WETZLAR GERMANY’
Included in the set is a 35 Summicron-M f2 ASPH in silver chrome finish with the classic round metal lens hood. Limited to 1,500 pieces worldwide.
Fogg Specialist Bags - made for the Leica
Fogg Specialist Bags are made by hand to order in France and are individually numbered. Designed with the Leica system in mind, Fogg offers the very finest camera bag on the planet. "Functional, strong and handsome" has been the guiding motto for more than 25 years.