Tamarkin Camera offers the very best serviceService is paramount today, as always, and we provide the finest service available – from expert appraisals to helping you choose the perfect gear for you and your style of photography., expertiseWe offer the most extensive knowledge base and have used virtually every piece of Leica gear brought to market since 1925. Ask us – we’ll answer every Leica question you have. and photographic gearTamarkin Camera sells only the best. Period. We offer the finest hand-made state-of-the-art and vintage photographic gear available – Leica camera, Oberwerth camera bags and Tamarkin Camera Leather Straps. on the planet.
300 West Superior Street, Suite 202
Chicago, Illinois 60654
Tamarkin Camera is open for business!
Monday - Friday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Our showroom and gallery remain By Appointment Only for the health and safety of all during the coronavirus pandemic. We are happy to create an appointment for you to visit, "curbside" service or a virtual meeting.
We are closed on most Federal Holidays.
Tamarkin Camera is an authorized Leica Camera and Sport Optics dealer with a showroom in the River North Gallery district in downtown Chicago. We are also mail-order Leica dealers. Within our showroom is The Rangefinder Gallery, which showcases images made with the legendary Leica M camera.
Leaders in Leica expertise and service, Tamarkin Camera sells more Leica per square foot than any Leica dealer in the world.
Buying & Selling
If you would like to buy an item or simply have a question about an item on our website, please call us.
Tamarkin Camera prefers direct contact with our customers, which is why you will not find a shopping cart on our website. We find that direct - sometimes electronic - contact between us and our customers is paramount, especially when a item is used or collectible.
28 APO-Summicron-SL f2 ASPH
Introducing the latest addition to the Leica SL system:
the 28 APO-Summicron-SL f2 ASPH – the first true wide-angle Leica SL lens:
• Distortion-free edge-to-edge performance
• Dual Synchro Drive, Leica’s extremely fast & reliable AF system
• Close-focusing down to just under 10 inches
• Same dimensions as other APO-Summicron-SL lenses
The new Leica SL2-S - in stock now!
The new Leica SL2-S sports a full-frame 24 megapixel CMOS-BSI sensor – the first back-illuminated sensor from Leica, and was designed to deliver the legendary Leica look for photo and video:
- Professional video capabilities with 4K 10bit 4:2:2 and C4k 10bit 4:2:2
- Made in Germany: High quality milled aluminum top cover and bottom, complete with IP54-rated weather sealing protection.
- The fast all-around camera with Capture One 21 Full Support and Adobe Lightroom Optimization
- Seamless support of a wide range of lenses
- Fast shooting speed up to 25 fps for DNG and a 4GB buffer
- Multishot Mode with up to 96MP
- Recording 4K at 10bit 4:2:2 and C4k at 10bit 4:2:2 video
- Leica L-Log and integrated viewing LUTs (Look Up Tables)
- Separate photo and video modes
- Up to ISO 100,000
- 4 Gigabyte internal memory
- 5,76 megapixel EVF
- Intuitive and user-friendly UI concentrating on the essentials
50 Noctilux-M f1,2 ASPH
The Groundbreaking Noctilux is Reborn
Announcing the Leica 50 Noctilux-M 1,2 ASPH lens, reinvisioned to today’s imaging standard, while keeping the classic 1966 look and feel of the original Noctilux lens.
The Noctilux’s legendary status and unique imaging aesthetic offers soft, almost dreamlike quality that creates an unmistakable look with an exquisite bokeh. This iconic reissue is very close to the original computation, and benefits from modern optic- and lens-construction techniques. Like the original 1966 lens, which was the world's very first production aspherical lens with hand-ground aspheres, this new Noctilux-M is offered in the modern black anodised finish and recreates the look and feel of the original, legendary Noctilux f1,2 lens that is so treasured by collectors today...
Leica S Typ 007 set
Leica S Typ 007 with 70mm Summarit-S f2,5 ASPH.CS set, with a sexy black "Leica" dot. Perfect for quarantine medium format shooting!
Leica M10-P "Reporter"
Announcing the new Leica M10-P “Reporter” special edition camera, in dark green paint finish with Kevlar covering. This new finish is particularly scratch- and fingerprint-resistant. The Kevlar covering will acquire a patina, making this a stunning example in a long line of Special Edition Leica M Cameras.
- Black Kevlar armoring for excellent grip and comfort
- Extremely scratch and fingerprint resistant green paint finish
- Functional engravings only, focusing on the essentials
The Leica Q2 Monochrom
This latest Leica sports a brand new 47 megapixel full frame monochrome sensor based on its sibling model, the Leica Q2. Amazing sharpness, detail and resolution combines with a higher dynamic range to give you the best black & white image quality in an easy-to-use, fast auto-focusing camera. The expanded ISO range of 100-100,000 with the 28mm Summilux f1,7 ASPH lens enables photographers to capture stills and 4K video in any light:
– Compatible with all Q2 accessories, including battery
– New 47mp full frame black and white sensor for stills and 4K video
– ISO range of 100 - 100,000
– Matte black paint finish and monochromatic engravings
– Weather sealing,
– Fast and accurate AF,
– 3.68mp OLED EVF,
– German craftsmanship
– and the intuitive handling of the Q Camera line
Designed in Germany, Made in Portugal
The Leica Camera state-of-the-art production facility in Portugal is in full swing. And to relieve the strain of recent tariffs here in the U.S., you can get some of the most popular Leica M lenses at a lower price than their Made in Germany counterparts... and, these new "Made in Portugal" lenses are made to the same stringent quality standards as the German-made lenses.
After all, they do still say "Leica" on the front!
28 Summicron-M f2 ASPH Black Anodised (11707) - $4,395
28 Elmarit-M f2,8 ASPH (11711) - $2,295
28 Summaron-M f5,6 Silver Chrome (11712) - $2,595
35 Summicron-M f2 ASPH Silver Chrome (11709) - $3,495
35 Summicron-M f2 ASPH Black Anodised (11708) - $3,295
50 Summilux-M f1,4 ASPH Silver Chrome (11717) - $4,195
50 Summilux-M f1,4 ASPH Black Anodised (11716) - $3,995
50 Summilux-M f1,4 ASPH Black Chrome (11715) - $4,595
50 Summicron-M f2 (11719) - $2,395
"R" is for Resolution
Introducing the Leica M10-R.
Offering a 40-megapixel full-frame color image sensor, in either black chrome or silver chrome finish.
The Leica M10-R reaches new heights of image quality with even improved high-ISO performance and increased dynamic range.
"R" is for Resolution – New 40mp full-frame color sensor – ISO range of 100 - 50,000 – Silent mechanical shutter, touch-screen, and level gauge – 16-minute maximum shutter time – Compatible with all Leica M10 accessories
The Leica M10 Monochrom
Announcing the long-awaited third generation of the Leica Monochrom. Based on the Leica M10-P camera, the new Leica M10 Monochrom brings a new level of resolution and performance to the world of photography.
With a newly developed 40-megapixel full-frame monochrome sensor that achieves new heights in sharpness, The Leica M10 Monochrom offers unparalleled detail and resolution. And with its lower native (base) ISO of 160 and a higher maximum ISO of 100,000, the new M10 Monochrom is better than ever before – even more capable than its predecessors in difficult lighting scenarios while maintaining its film-like grain and beautiful contrast and sharpness:
- Newly developed 40-megapixel full-frame black and white sensor
- ISO range of 160 - 100,000
- Silent mechanical shutter
- Thin body design and ISO dial of M10-P camera
- Leica FOTOS connectivity; first Monochrom to feature Wi-Fi
- Monochromatic design aesthetic; white and gray engravings on the body, blacked-out shutter button and lens release button