Tamarkin Camera offers the very best serviceService is paramount today, as always, and we provide the finest service available – from expert appraisals to helping you choose the perfect gear for you and your style of photography., expertiseWe offer the most extensive knowledge base and have used virtually every piece of Leica gear brought to market since 1925. Ask us – we’ll answer every Leica question you have. and photographic gearTamarkin Camera sells only the best. Period. We offer the finest hand-made state-of-the-art and vintage photographic gear available – Leica camera, Oberwerth camera bags and Tamarkin Camera Leather Straps. on the planet.
213 W. Institute Place, Suite 403
Chicago, Illinois 60610
Welcome to Tamarkin Camera – “America’s Premier Leica Specialist” – since 1971.
We are one of the largest Leica dealerships in the world for more than 50 years, and we are based in downtown Chicago since 2012. We are open to the public Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., by appointment only.
Working By Appointment Only means that you get our full and undivided attention, and therefore the best service on the planet, in a luxurious environment surrounded by the opulence of the Leica Museum and the Rangefinder Gallery.
To best serve all our clientele, appointments are limited to 50 minutes.
In advance of your appointment, we’ll need to know what you wish to see or experience or examine so that we can prepare for your visit. Also, if you are trading or selling that is likewise important information for us so that we can serve you efficiently.
Thank you for shopping at Tamarkin Camera – we look forward to serving you!
Tamarkin Camera is an authorized Leica Camera and Sport Optics dealer with a showroom in the River North Gallery district in downtown Chicago. We are also mail-order Leica dealers. Within our showroom is The Rangefinder Gallery, which showcases images made with the legendary Leica M camera.
Leaders in Leica expertise and service, Tamarkin Camera sells more Leica per square foot than any Leica dealer in the world.
Buying & Selling
If you would like to buy an item or simply have a question about an item on our website, please call us.
Tamarkin Camera prefers direct contact with our customers, which is why you will not find a shopping cart on our website. We find that direct contact between us and our customers is paramount, especially when a item is used or collectible.
The "Steel Rim" Summilux
The Leica 35 Summilux-M f1,4 was the world’s fastest wide-angle lens in 1961, distinguished by its compactness while also being extremely light. This new edition is made in the original vintage design and with the identical optical calculation of the first 35 Summilux-M f1,4 with some marked improvements:
• Original Optical & Product Design with Modern Production Processes
• Second round lens hood with E46 thread which enables the use of filters
• Stainless Steel Front Ring
• Focus Lock on Focus Ring
• Ultra Compact and Fast Wide-Angle Lens
• True “King of Bokeh” with Iconic Lens Rendering
• Made in Germany
The 2022 Leica M6
Handmade in Germany, the new Leica M6 is an exquisite feat in modern film photography, and harkens back to the Leica cameras of 1984, with significant improvements:
• 0.72x Viewfinder with Coated Glass Surfaces
• Solid Brass Top Plate Enhanced with Abrasion Resistant Black Lacquer
• Red Leitz Logo
• Original M6 Style Packaging
• New Light Meter Indicator with Battery Warning
• New Leica M6 Style ISO Dial, Newly Developed with Modern Electronic Components Inside
• Leather Carrying Strap with Embossed LEICA lettering
• New Black Leatherette with Leica M6 Typical "MADE IN GERMANY" Embossing
• Made in Germany
The Rolleiflex 2,8F Set
Rolleiflex 2,8F Nr. 244xxxx, with 80mm Planar lens, in original case with lens shade and an array of filters, including Color Conversion set and Rolleikin 2 set. Recently CLA'd with new type bright-screen. Ex++ overall
The Leica M1 Wide Angle Set
The Leica M1 Wide Angle Kit. Leica M1 Nr. 1050006 with 21 Super-Angulon f4 Nr. 1646088 and 21mm brightline viewfinder SBKOO in rare black finish! This beautiful set also includes the hard-to-find IWKOO lens shade. This is Dan's favorite wide angle set-up! Excellent overall
New 35 Summilux-M
Announcing a new 35mm lens for the Leica M system.
-11 instead of 9 aperture blades for a visibly “improved” bokeh
-closest focusing distance is reduced to 15,74-inches
-integrated lens shade
The Leica M11 - in stock now!
The experience of traditional rangefinder photography redefined.
Featuring Leica’s triple resolution sensor, expanded ISO range, dual memory options, extended battery life and a streamlined and intuitive menu system, the Leica M11 represents the new benchmark in digital photography:
- Groundbreaking full frame BSI CMOS color sensor with triple resolution technology for incredible file output versatility and unmatched image quality with M-lenses
- Highest dynamic range M camera to date with a native ISO of 64 and up to 15 stops of dynamic range
- Maestro III processor for high speed image processing & data storage
- 64 GB of internal memory enabling parallel image storage and on-camera backup
- USB-C port for on the go charging and data transfer
- 64% more battery capacity and more power efficient system for extended shooting sessions
- Electronic shutter up to 1/16,000 sec and long exposures up to 1 hour, allowing for even more creative possibilities in extreme lighting conditions
- The black-finish variant of the Leica M11 features a top plate made of high-quality aluminum with a scratch-resistant coating, making it 20% lighter than its silver chrome counterpart
- Multi field metering is now possible when shooting in rangefinder mode, enabling users to shoot in dynamic lighting conditions while also conserving battery
- Live View digital stabilization allowing for smooth and accurate manual focusing while using Live View
- Two Digital Zoom options (1.3x and 1.8x) for fast cropping of DNG and JPG files
- UHS-II SD card compatibility and 3GB buffer enabling quick image storage
- Three customizable function buttons allowing quick access to almost any menu setting in the camera
- New 2.3 megapixel touch screen display with up to 800 nits of brightness, for comfortable image viewing during daytime shoots
- The Leica M11 is a “Made for iPhone and iPad” certified product allowing for reliable data transfer to Leica FOTOS via the included USB-C to Lightning cable
- Outstanding build quality, designed and made in Germany
The Leica Q2 Monochrom
This latest Leica sports a brand new 47 megapixel full frame monochrome sensor based on its sibling model, the Leica Q2. Amazing sharpness, detail and resolution combines with a higher dynamic range to give you the best black & white image quality in an easy-to-use, fast auto-focusing camera. The expanded ISO range of 100-100,000 with the 28mm Summilux f1,7 ASPH lens enables photographers to capture stills and 4K video in any light:
– Compatible with all Q2 accessories, including battery
– New 47mp full frame black and white sensor for stills and 4K video
– ISO range of 100 - 100,000
– Matte black paint finish and monochromatic engravings
– Weather sealing,
– Fast and accurate AF,
– 3.68mp OLED EVF,
– German craftsmanship
– and the intuitive handling of the Q Camera line