Tamarkin Camera offers the very best serviceService is paramount today, as always, and we provide the finest service available – from expert appraisals to helping you choose the perfect gear for you and your style of photography., expertiseWe offer the most extensive knowledge base and have used virtually every piece of Leica gear brought to market since 1925. Ask us – we’ll answer every Leica question you have. and photographic gearTamarkin Camera sells only the best. Period. We offer the finest hand-made state-of-the-art and vintage photographic gear available – Leica camera, Fogg Specialist bags and Tamarkin Camera Leather Straps. on the planet.
Tamarkin Camera is an authorized Leica Camera and Sport Optics dealer with a showroom in the River North Gallery district in downtown Chicago. We are also mail-order Leica dealers. Within our showroom is The Rangefinder Gallery, which showcases images made with the legendary Leica M camera.
Leaders in Leica expertise and service, Tamarkin Camera sells more Leica per square foot than any Leica dealer in the world.
Buying & Selling
If you would like to buy an item or simply have a question, please call us.
Tamarkin Camera prefers personal contact with our customers, which is why you will not find a shopping cart on our website. We find that direct contact between us and our customers is paramount, especially when a item is used or collectible.
The new Leica M10
The Leica M10 sets a new standard for 35mm rangefinder photography. Take a look:
- Full-frame digital rangefinder, available in Black Chrome or Silver Chrome finish
- New ISO dial makes allows direct access to the essential settings, even when the camera is OFF
- Improved rangefinder/viewfinder provides better control of focus and composition with larger field of view
- First Leica M with integrated Wi-Fi and smart connectivity
- All new 24 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor
- ISO 100 - 50,000 for better photos in both bright and very low light
- Faster performance with a new Maestro II processor and 2 GB buffer capacity
- Body constructed from brass and magnesium-alloy with Corning Gorilla Glass LCD cover
- Weather resistant to withstand light rain and dust
Introducing the new Leica SOFORT instant film camera. Taken from the German word for “instantly”, the Leica SOFORT harkens back to an earlier day using modern technology: a simple and fun instant Polaroid-style camera, designed by Leica. Available in mint, orange and white with an array of accessories.
- 60mm Hektor f2,7 lens (34mm in the standard 35mm format)
- Eight modes to choose from: Automatic, Self-Portrait, People & Party, Action & Sport, Bulb, Macro, Self-Timer, and Double Exposure
- Three focus steps: macro, standard and landscape, which can function independently of the 8 modes
- Optical 0,37-magnification viewfinder with parallax compensation for macro
- Uses ISO 800 “Leica instant film” (10-packs of color $12, and monochrome $15)
- Produces images with a “warm white frame / border” reminiscent of the Polaroid instant film.
The Leica Q (Typ 116)
The new Leica Q (Typ 116) is the perfect walking around camera, featuring a super-fast 28mm Summilux f1,7 Aspherical lens. Excellent for both macro and street, the Leica Q is the perfect extension of the Leica line. The camera is available in black or "titanium" gray finish.
- Fast autofocus lens - 28mm Summilux f1,7 ASPH with macro-mode
- Full-frame 24 megapixel CMOS Sensor
- Live-View and Focus Peaking
- Integrated electronic viewfinder & thumb rest
- Video recordings in Full HD
- Easy, instinctive use with touch screen control
- Extremely robust - top plate made of aluminum, body made of magnesium alloy
- Integrated Wi-Fi and Leica Q-App makes it easy to share pictures
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® available as free download
- Made in Germany