Tamarkin Camera offers the very best serviceService is paramount today, as always, and we provide the finest service available – from expert appraisals to helping you choose the perfect gear for you and your style of photography., expertiseWe offer the most extensive knowledge base and have used virtually every piece of Leica gear brought to market since 1925. Ask us – we’ll answer every Leica question you have. and photographic gearTamarkin Camera sells only the best. Period. We offer the finest hand-made state-of-the-art and vintage photographic gear available – Leica camera, Fogg Specialist bags and Tamarkin Camera Leather Straps. on the planet.
Tamarkin Camera is an authorized Leica Camera and Sport Optics dealer with a showroom in the River North Gallery district in downtown Chicago. We are also mail-order Leica dealers. Within our showroom is The Rangefinder Gallery, which showcases images made with the legendary Leica M camera.
Leaders in Leica expertise and service, Tamarkin Camera sells more Leica per square foot than any Leica dealer in the world.
Buying & Selling
If you would like to buy an item or simply have a question, please call us.
Tamarkin Camera prefers very personal contact with our customers, which is why you will not find a shopping cart on our website. We find that direct contact between us and our customers is paramount, especially when a item is used or collectible.
Introducing the new SL wide zoom
16-35 Super-Vario-Elmar-SL f3,5-4,5 ASPH
Landscape, Street, Architecture, whatever you encounter.
The new Wide Zoom for the Leica SL system offers uncompromising wide angle imaging performance and is ideal for a range of photography including landscapes, architecture, wedding, event, concert, reportage and documentary photography. Additionally, the lens offers fast, near-silent autofocus, allwoing you to concentrate fully on the creative aspects of your work and the vision in front of your camera.
The Sublime 75 Noctilux-M f1,25 ASPH
The razor-thin depth of field and Leica M lens performance produce a uniquely soft bokeh that photographers dream of…
• World’s fastest Aspherical 75 mm lens
• Razor-thin depth of focus and exceptional performance
• A unique soft bokeh
• Optical design features nine elements in six groups which allows for precise, exceptionally detailed isolation of subjects from surroundings
• Two Aspherical elements and floating lens element ensure optimum performance across the entire image field.
• Meticulously crafted to the highest quality standards, with a primary focus on high-grade materials and durability.
• Made in Germany
Introducing the latest little Leica - the CL
All essential controls are located on the top plate and all the necessary controls are right at your fingertips. The high-resolution touchscreen make it intuitive enough for beginners and customizable for advanced users:
- Compatible with all Leica TL & SL lenses
- Adaptable to use Leica M and R lenses
- Built-in electronic viewfinder, 2,34 MP resolution and 0,74x magnification
- 24MP APS-C sized sensor
- ISO range of 100-50,000 with a Maestro II processor
- Mechanical shutter speed max. of 1/8,000; electronic 1/25,000
- Option for full-time noiseless electronic shutter
- Quick burst shooting up to 10 fps
- 4K video recording @ 30fps with built-in Wi-Fi
- Made in Germany
Available alone, or with the 18mm Elmarit-TL f2,8 - $3,795
or the 18-56 Vario-Elmar-TL f3,5-5,6 ASPH - $3,995
90 Thambar f2,2 - a classic revisited
Introducing the 90mm Thambar-M f2,2 portrait lens. A revival of a legendary lens that has intrigued collectors and photographers alike, the Thambar was originally produced in 1935 and will soon be available again, offering its characteristic soft-focus effect and unmistakable bokeh. First introduced in the mid-1930s, only about 3,000 units were produced. The new 90mm Thambar-M f2,2 has the same optical design but a modified exterior, and produces the same dreamy, soft focus look of the original 80-plus-year-old lens.
The new Leica M10
The Leica M10 sets a new standard for 35mm rangefinder photography. Take a look:
- New ISO dial makes allows direct access to the essential settings, even when the camera is OFF
- Improved .72 rangefinder/viewfinder
- First Leica M with integrated Wi-Fi and smart connectivity
- All new 24 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor
- ISO 100 - 50,000 for better photos in both bright and very low light
- Faster performance with a new Maestro II processor and 2 GB buffer capacity
- Body constructed from brass and magnesium-alloy with Corning Gorilla Glass LCD cover
- Weather resistant to withstand light rain and dust